Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1336 Post(s)
Liked 2,469 Times in 1,445 Posts
Originally Posted by Allegheny Jet
I can't imagine doing a 40K TT. It seems the pain on a TT is not proportional to the effort and that is where I need to live. I recall the pain at 280 watts wasn't much different than the 320 watts over the last couple minutes. I wanted the damm thing done after 7 -8 minutes in, it just plain hurts, but the body kept working.
I competed in our District (State) Championship ITT last year and did a 40 K. It was very hard. Mentally, it is very tough. It is a discipline contained within the sport of cycling. An interesting story... One of my female teammates, competed at our district TT a couple of weeks ago and did a 40K ITT. She broke her own National record for 50 -55. She competed last Saturday at the track and did the 2k pursuit. After the pursuit was over, she said that was much harder than the 40K TT.

I think all the races in cycling have evolved to being difficult and a tough challenge. Nothing is easy.

The pursuit is so hard. 2k seems so short so how can it be so difficult. I was a 400 meter runner. You can only run so hard or you fall down. The 2k pursuit is like running 3 x400 meters with no rest interval only you can push yourself into a deeper state of exhaustion.