mtrider05
Slow

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by volosong
Went on a nice little ride with mtrider05 this morning. Rode a figure-8 38.2 mile ride. Mtrider05 was very kind to wait at the top of every climb until I was able to haul my fat, out of shape, carcass up to the top, then he made sure I was ready to go before we set off again. Have been afraid to tackle Spunky Canyon, but it turned out to be pretty easy. On San Fransquito, I even rode past a mountain biker, (with his lower gearing), on the way up who was hoofing it. That one was easier also. (I think mtrider05 took me the easy way up the climbs.)

It was a beautiful day for a ride; not too windy, not too hot, not too many automobiles. Just about perfect! If you ever get an opportunity to ride with mtrider05, do so. He is strong, fit, and the perfect gentleman. He even suggested an add-on extra few miles because he knew I'm trying to reach 300 miles for the month.

Garmin Connect version
Strava Ride version

(Note: mtrider05's stats are going to be a lot different than mine. He will have a whole lot more "resting" time and his average/moving speeds will be a lot higher.) Thanks for the companionship, mtrider05.

p.s. It was good to see so many people out cycling this morning. (All coming the other way), one fellow passed us riding solo; on a climb, four people came down as we were going up; the solo guy on a mtb; two riders later on. Usually, I don't see anyone, and maybe one out of five, I'll see one or two. The more we are out there, the more aware of us cagers will become.
You're far too kind, there are many more people who are much stonger/faster than I am. Good ride today though, I think I'm going to ride a century tomorrow, not sure why, haha.