View Single Post
Old 06-30-11, 03:10 PM
goagain

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
M Lady: I really wanted the Giant Cypress ST (cromo steel with rigid cromo fork) W, but despite a couple of trips and several phone calls to two BS's, they never would get one in my size. I still think that is probably a great entry-level price range ($330) bike for newbies like me. However, the two Giant shops were not very friendly and didn't offer tuneups or any perks, and didn't even encourage me to try one of their bikes. Then I visited a Trek shop that was even farther away, but not too far to be practical, and they were very friendly, made me feel very welcome and comfortable, offered me a test ride, offer free adjustments forever and one free tuneup, discounts on tuneups forever, etc. I bought a slightly more expensive Trek 7100 WSD (alum. with a clunky suspension fork, but oh well on that) which is beautiful ("coastal blue") and I really like. I'm a very weak rider but I'll get there, happy with my purchase. For my very casual riding, I don't think the fork makes that much difference. I stressed and stressed over what size wheels, which frame material, which fork, etc. etc. It just took way too long LOL.

You are much more knowledgeable and already a good rider so I'm quite certain you will make a good decision! Good luck with your purchase.

Last edited by goagain; 06-30-11 at 03:14 PM.