Old 07-01-11, 01:50 PM
cyclinfool
gone ride'n

Bikes: Simoncini, Gary Fisher, Specialized Tarmac

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hi all - hope you have a great weekend! Sounds like you all have been having a lot of fun.

My legs finally recovered from our hike last weekend, it took 4 days. I could ride but I could barely walk. My legs have never been that thoroughly battered. This was an eye opener - I have trained the cycling muscles and ignored every thing else.

I did a mild ride on Tuesday and a "sort of" training ride on Thursday with my training partner. What I found was I had some more speed and power on Thursday. I think the intense workout on Sunday in Mother Natures Gym did some real good. My daughter and I were supposed to climb three more mountains this weekend (as part of an overnight in the woods) but she told me that I needed some time off, and I knew she was right, I could not concentrate at work, I found myself just sitting at my desk looking for busy work, a sure sign of exhaustion. So I am taking the weekend off, added a day of vacation today and just plan to chill. I may ride 85 miles on Monday if I am feeling totally rested.

Have a great 4th and be safe.