Old 07-01-11, 08:54 PM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by Scrodzilla
Dear Carleton - do you know of any liner shorts that have minimal padding?

I'm looking for a little cushion for longer rides but really don't like feeling like I'm wearing a diaper.
No, but I'm looking for some, too. I've been wearing team kits lately, but I'm thinking of not riding for a team next year.

I'm a lone wolf.

Originally Posted by Sherblock
Why do some track bikes have toe clips over the cleats? Is this like a back up safety mechanism so if they unclip they might be able to catch themselves?
You are right in that it's a backup safety mechanism. Really strong guys can pull out of the grasp of some pedals. Especially during standing starts. I can pull out of Shimano and LOOK pedals. The strap is to keep the pedal/cleat engagement double-secure.

Originally Posted by andrizzle
dear carleton,

what is your favorite documentary?

ps. i've read this entire thread, and i would like to say, i respect you for not being an ***.
pss. thank you for teaching me Godwin's law... so on the day, Carleton 1. ****** 0

i don't like flatwounds. i like roundwounds on all my electric basses. roundwounds on a fretless sound notorious.
Favorite Documentary? That's a good one. Let me think on that.

PS. Thanks.
PPS. No problem.

Originally Posted by oeuf
Dear carleton,
I just started noticing some threads coming off my rear Gatorskin, no strange bulges at the moment, but a long strand running around the circumference is coming off in certain areas. Is it time for a new tire? Should I pull it off/cut it off and ride on? It's about a year old, and I only skid on it occasionally. Thanks.
It's probably fine. Part of the casing.