Old 06-22-05, 06:00 PM
bigchris603
Pack Fodder

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
teaching the little one to ride (training wheel question)

I am in the process of teaching my seven year old step daughter to ride a bike. I have her always wear a helmet. The problem I am runnuing in to is she only seems to ride on the right training wheel. if I lean her to the left she screams like she is going to fall. at times when turning she get up on the right training wheel only, now it has started to bend, I have bent it back and even switched them around with no luck, they just keep bending. She seems to be pointing her knees out like she is cramped toward the handle bar,this makes her pigion toed and her feet are 1/2 to 3/4 off the pedals. She is just under four feet tall and riding a 16 in. I looked online and trek and Diamondback do not seem to have any thing bigger with training wheels. I am going to my LBS tomarrow after noon, I will ask about mare stable/ stronger training wheels, and if getting a bigger bike might help, might they have training wheels to put on a bigger bike?

Can anyone offer any help on teaching balance or is it just something you learn on your own?

Any advise will be aprecieated
Thanks
Chris