Old 07-03-11, 01:59 PM
monsterpile
This bike is cat approved

Bikes: To many to list...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
With alot of bikes it depends on what you are looking for (type of bike, what is your budget, mechanical ability etc) and it really depends on you market. I really like that Motobecane Mirage and I saw one in person in Salt Lake City, but unless you have to have new or something else about that particular bike, around here buying that bike doesn't really make much sense (or those other DT or stemshifter bikes from BD) because what you can get on the used market. If you go to the local bike charity Mad Dads you can get a tuned up DT or stem shifter bike thats pretty nice for around $150 or less. I just picked up a 1994 Trek 370 for $100 really ready to ride to turn into a tri bike for a friend. There are other flippers that have similar stuff for sale as well. I know in some markets getting something like the BD makes a ton of sense compared to the used market, but not here. If you start taking singlespeeds, brifters, cross bikes then things get totally different and BD is a great buy. Teh bottom line is most people on this forum know that usually just a few extra $ exponentially increase the value you get out a bike. Some people just don't have or aren't at the mental place where they will/can spend the money.

Would I suggest a Denali to someone in the market around here? I wouldn't say flat out no if they were thinking o getting one. It would really depend what they were looking for but i generally suggest used because its a great value and sometimes I have something they can buy from or I can find something. If they were looking for a cheap road bike I would ask if they were interested in used bikes. If not I would say go for the Denali if they weren't willing to expand their budget.