View Single Post
Old 07-05-11, 06:15 PM
DOOM_NX

Bikes: None at the moment

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you all for your answers! I really appreciate it.

Originally Posted by Mithrandir
Yes that's a tad high. I would slow down, attempt a shorter trip, and ensure that you hydrate a lot. A lack of water (as well as electrolytes such as sodium and potassium) will cause your pulse to be high.
At the moment I just use a Camelbak Rogue. I really wasn't THAT hydrated or well-fed for the previous 24h. I was moving from one town to another and I barely ate something. Do you think I'm OK just with water during my exercise? Do you suggest getting something like Powerade in addition to water? Or maybe make some drinks with electrolyte tablets?

Originally Posted by GeoBigJon
Congrats on your first ride! My average is around 150 when I am out riding. I would guess the heat played a role in the HR or your HR monitor. What kind of HR monitor do you have? Did you have any issues? Light headed? Dizzy? SoB? Might be worth a trip to the doc and get a good base line BP over several days and make sure you are in good enough shape to start the stress of biking, better safe than sorry. Stoke, heart attack, or other issues can come from the higher HR.
I have a Sigma Onyx Classic . The only issue I had was occasional numbness at my right foot (due to new clipless shoes maybe?) and my right palm. Other than that, just pure fatigue from the heat and the workout
I've never had a problem with my heart but I haven't checked in years. I'll have to pay him a visit soon I guess.