Old 07-05-11, 08:37 PM
jboyd

Bikes: Giant "Rainier"

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Heck Yeah!!!

I have rode all 4 Tsali trails many times and I never want to leave. Last Sept. I popped 4 spokes just before reaching the Mouse overlook at 7pm.....by myself Needless to say, the 4 mile walk out, with a GT Peace 9er as a backpack was not part of the plan. When it got dark, every twig that snapped or rock that rolled past was (in my mind), a bear getting ready to eat my arse

The picture below was the next day. I went down to NOC and they re-built my wheel and rented the bike you see here to finish Mouse the right way.

i have to say that my favorite of the Tsali trails is Thompson by far. Ridden counter clockwise, the climb is long, but hardly noticeable. Near the top there is an area that is almost magical (i know that sounds silly, but it is). It makes you think you in a much more "western region of the U.S., and the downhill at the end is like nothing I can describe.

Please make sure and share the rest of your rides there. I am going down the first week of Sept for 4 days of riding and again the first week of Nov.