View Single Post
Old 07-06-11, 04:18 PM
godshammgod

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mtalinm
Can anyone recommend a good bike fitter in the Boston area? I have one leg slightly longer than the other, as well as other problems...

I live in Westwood but don't mind traveling for the right person. I have become increasingly disenchanted with what is available locally
It would be a hike for you, but I recently got a great fitting at a small shop in Salem called the Urbane Cyclist. It's a husband and wife owned shop. The wife actually has a degree in physiology. He has a fit certification from several different places. I ended up going there for two sessions, about an hour each. They don't use the computer/video imagery that a lot of bigger shops are using. But they were really detail oriented and focused on all the key measurements.

I think the biggest thing is finding a fitter who understands what you want to do on the bike. And they were really good at listening to what I wanted and figuring out a way to make it work. The price worked out to $150. But that covers multiple visits.

The only other fit I've ever done is at Back Bay Cycles in Boston. A great guy named Mike gave me a bit of a quicker fit when I first got into the sport. I believe he's still there. Though, his fits are definitely a bit more racer oriented. Another of my friends had a great experience at Landry's in Natick.