Thread: trail etiquette
View Single Post
Old 06-23-05, 08:54 AM
kritter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
"Actually being in control does mean being able to stop. If you are unable to stop in a reasonable amount of time then you are riding out of control. What if it was a child that you could not stop to avoid?"

Define reasonable amount of time. 3-5 seconds or 25 to 50 feet depending on speed and grade to come to a dead stop going downhill is more then reasonable...how fast does your car stop which has a ton more traction? The speeds are the same so the time/distance to stop should be the same.

I dont go down with a bad attitude and def dont give attittude as im the opposite...im the only one that says hi to people coming and going and relays how many are behind me...I havent had one person relay that info to me yet. If anybody has an attitude its the "fast" guys on the climb who say nothing and grunt by as if im in the way when the climb trail is 6 feet wide.

If a child was riding up this particular downhill I use they would be going pro soon.

Its not like im barreling down the board walk on my mtb at the beach getting mad at people in the way...im on a downhill single track trail in the mountains going between 20-upper 30s and its rare that somebody is coming up the trail due to the difficulty.