View Single Post
Old 07-07-11, 01:08 PM
Brew1

Bikes: Lynskey Helix, Wilier Izorad XP, Specialized M2 and a Trek 8500

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well, my father (RIP) was a police officer for the City of Milwaukee for 32 years and I know he wouldn't have pulled over the OP. There is a thing such as common sense that seems to be missing these days and they are allowed to use discretion. Every one of use (including the police when off duty, some when on duty) probably violate a number traffic laws and regulations every day. Now if it was a cage endangering someone else that's a different story but a bicyclist maybe or maybe not endangering themselves, I think my Father would have let it slide and at worst offer a warning.

I was pulled over a month ago on the Interstate and I was wondering to myself "WTF did I do wrong"? I was going 67mph (in a 65) in the right lane and people are passing me going at least 75 mph so why was I pulled over? She didn't like my front window tint and the fact that I didn't have a front license plate displayed (because I changed the front grille after a sheet of ice flew off of a semi and smashed it). So I had to remove the tint and change the grille back to stock so I could display the plate. Then she starts asking me questions about the truck like "so what kind of gas mileage do you get with this thing and it sure is big". So either she didn't like pickups and people who drive them or she was a Chevy girl out to get F150's, I don't know.