Old 07-07-11, 05:41 PM
shriekingmonkey

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock 29er, Felt Z6

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Jerseys for rotund riders?

So I'm 5'8, weigh about 280, and obviously with those proportions, finding cycling clothing in the bike shop is pretty-much a no-go. I've got some appropriately sized cycling shorts that I really like (I don't care how "good" I don't look in them, they are very functional) but I'm not happy with my jersey situation.

I sweat like a pig and of course cotton T-shirts aren't that great. I have a couple of jerseys that I bought from Aero Tech Designs. They are OK; they have pockets and a zipper in the front. The problem is, they are theoretically "wicking", but by the time I'm done with a 20 or 30 mile ride it is pretty much as soaked as a T-shirt. I guess it does dry quicker, just not while I'm riding.

I dunno, maybe I just sweat too much and nothing's going to work any better. Seems to not be a lot to choose from when you need a larger size, though (I'm wearing 3X currently), so I don't really have anything to compare too. The ones I have are 100% polyester. Is there a different kind of material I should be looking at? Anybody have any recommendations as to sources for plus-sized jerseys in general?