View Single Post
Old 07-08-11, 04:20 PM
Commando303

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by happy_accident
Hello. I have had my bike for about a month now, and I still can't figure out a comfortable way to carry my Kryptonite chain lock. I have tried carrying it in a backpack on my back, which causes back pain and in said backpack on a rear rack, which then makes the bike too heavy to carry up and down steps, which I have to do a lot. Right now, I have it wrapped around my seat post, which is the most comfortable but leaves big scuff marks on the seat post and I'm afraid I might be causing some long term damage, if that is even possible. Any suggestions?
Just wrap it around the seat-post as you have been, else tie it around a solid part of the frame where it won't interfere with anything. If you're worried about marring the part of the bike, cover the area in a piece of bubble-wrap.

Personally, I think I'd go with sticking it on the rack and — as you say you don't like the weight back there when moving the bicycle over stairs — just remove it before traversing any steps (unless you happen to be going up/down them very frequently).

Originally Posted by Koa C.
alot of people wear'em around their waist. It looks uncomfortable though...
Originally Posted by Sundance89
Wear it just like a Miss America Banner. Resting on left shoulder, diagonally cross chest, over to right hip.

(I'm not sure about the crotch thing above??)
My recommendation is that you not wrap the chain around any part of your own body. If you're in an accident or you otherwise fall (and never think you're so invincible it couldn't happen), you'll possibly find yourself crashing down onto the rigid, oddly shaped, and likely quite-painful metal links.