Old 07-09-11, 04:25 AM
bruce19

Bikes: CAAD 12, MASI Gran Criterium S, Colnago World Cup CX & Guru steel

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1743 Post(s)
Liked 1,281 Times in 740 Posts
Confused: frame measurement?

My bike is a Masi Gran Criterium S. It has a sloping top tube and has no indication as to frame size. Back in the day I rode a Maza 54 cm C to C frame based on a variety of fitment guides in various books and magazines and my 32.5" inseam. Seemed to work just fine. Then I gave up riding for 8 yrs. When I came back to riding, bikes were no longer steel, there were triple cranks and sloping top tubes. Gone were my beloved Athena friction shifters. The Masi was a 60th birthday present from my gf and after 5 yrs. of riding it I still love the bike. Of course, since I had lost an inch of height (all in my upper body I assume) I had to replace the 110 mm stem with a 100 mm stem. Then I got curious. "What is the size of my bike?" So, I tried to measure it using the "virtual" lines people tell me are appropriate. Found a level floor and using a builder's level measured the virtual TT length and seat tube. Strangely both measurements came out 58 cm C to C. That seems pretty big to me. Am I doing something wrong with my measurements?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_0238.jpg (99.7 KB, 21 views)