View Single Post
Old 07-09-11, 01:11 PM
Bosock

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Depends the riding you do. IF mainly packed single track or with minor rocks, stumps or whatever a 29er hardtail would do. If you like it rough and wild i would recommend a nice 26 FS. Several bikes out there and you will get different opinions on each. I ride a 2010 stumpy and GF paragon 29er and find that pending the trail both are outstanding bikes. Stumpy Elite cost me 2100 and the 2011 GF Paragon cost 1650. As you can see either of those bikes are well within your price range. If you plan on cross country racing I would look at the superfly or specialized epic...these are priced a bit higher. You will hear people say Yeti is best bar none or Santa Cruz or whatever their personal preference is...however, it is just that, their personnel preference. I tested the Santa Cruz, yeti, kona, Trek...you name it...my preference for a FS was the stumpy hands down. However you have to ride and see what you like. I would assess the type of riding you will do mostly, pick 29er HT or 26 FS based on the type riding, then buy the bike you feel most comfortable and confident on after testing all those recommended to you. If the bike comes in cheaper then upgrade to personalize specifically for you or build up the weakest/cheapest parts or buy your girlfriend/spouse something. Several bikes out there that are very good...ride them and determine which one you like best...I thought the Turner FS bike was a nice rider as well. Anyway, good hunting and enjoy.