View Single Post
Old 07-10-11, 10:34 AM
kiltedcelt

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well, and update of sorts. I got my trekking bars and looked at them, hemmed and hawed over them, tried them in the "writing faces right side up" orientation as well as the "writing faces down" orientation. I already have a 150mm stem and even with that length and it being an adjustable stem, I just don't like where my position is when I ride on the "flats" by the brake/shifters. The sides seem more comfortable but no more so than the bar ends of my flat bar. The front-most hand position leaves me feeling far too stretched out. If I was stretching out that much I'd prefer the support of an aero bar. Long story short, I wanted to take the cheaper option for more hand positions and it won't work for me. So, I'm chucking the flat bar/bar ends/trekking bar and going with a drop bar with the bar end shifters and special break levers that will work with my V-brakes. Plus side is even though it's three times as expensive as the trekking bar solution, I'll now be set up for cyclocross this winter.