View Single Post
Old 07-11-11, 12:01 AM
mikestart

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
6 years later,

I picked up an italvega at a garage sale yesterday. It's in pretty rough shape, non matching pedals and brake levers , it looks like someone stripped it down to a single speed. The crankset is pretty sweet, it's a shugino and there are only three arms instead of the standard 5. unfortunately the bolts are missing for attaching the crank gear to the crank ARM and they are a non standard size. I came across your post while looking for a solution to my crank problem...
It's metallic brown, unusual feature is that the rear forks come to points under the seat, seems like all thepictures of italvegas I've seen online they flatten out at the seat post. I'm trying to figure out an inexpensive solution for my crank problem, any input would be appreciated...

Skip...I saw that you are collecting serial numbers for the italvega bikes. mine is
x211217
I'll be happy to answer any questions. I don't know bike speak, I was the family mechanic as a kid, but that never went much beyond tightening brake cables and adjusting gears...

MIKE