View Single Post
Old 07-11-11, 05:30 AM
badmother

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Different trips different need. My worry is putting too much weight on the bike, most of them is rated for a certain weight, most of the time much lower weight rated than for a big bike.

Also on this trip using four panniers was not practical. Carrying four panniers innside each time we got to a museum (2-3 times a day) was not practical. Therefor I started looking at 12 1/2" wheel trailers.

I`ve got a flatbed like the Carry freedom. Great trailer but to bulky to take innside museums and stuff.

My friend bought (on my recomandation) the City and I think that before the next summer I`ll buy one too. I especially like the fact that it can carry so much and still look more like a suitcase than a biketrailer. I like that it is atached low on the bike.

We are experementing with making a Bike friday like trailer for some old suitcases I`ve got lying around. If successful I`ll try to remember to post.

I like the Burly a lot, especially the fact that you can take it on the bus and bring with you home a big bag of dogfood or similar. It can only carry 26 kg`s and atacthes to the seatpost. Therefor it is not going to be my only solution for a trailer for a folder.

After this trip I decided we must find better solutions for the frontracks on the folders. Can not find a way to make them work without messing up the front brake. Maybe I make a post about that.