View Single Post
Old 07-11-11, 06:14 AM
Ethnod

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Michael, I'll probably go the dealer route as it means I have someone I can go back to.

I am hoping you guys can answer a question or two seeing as you have been so generous with your postings

I have never ridden a bike with racer style handlebars. What are the reasons why I should chose straight over racer style handlebars?
And with the mm size of the tyres, is it the skinnier the faster? or is there something else there I should know?
Oh and whats the deal with cyclocross style bikes? Never heard about them before, what are they made for?

Thanks for your comments about frame strength and weight, I get the whole balance between strength and lightness when it comes to frames, as the stronger ones last you longer as they can sustain more punishment and the lighter ones make cycling long distance easier but a balance is necessary as I will want this bike for a long period. So I will take that into account when I am finally choosing a bike

nashcommguy, sounds like you had a blast around Ireland, its a great place. You should come back