200miler
Hooked On Quack

Bikes: Orbea, Lemond, Trek

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Homeyba
Glad you had a good time! What a bunch of crazy women they are!!! Learned a little bit riding with Fuzzy I bet. I'm a little bummed I missed you guys out on the road. I was with the solo guys and the faster teams.
I've been working CTC rides with Fuzzy for the past 10 years. There has never been a day that I don't come out of with some new tidbit. And, they're usually the most obvious things, once you hear/think about them.

We started to over take solo men, albeit the back of the pack, on the way out of Bloomington, right after they cleared the road from the fatal auto accident [no bikes involved thankfully! Talked to a local while we were held at the TS and was advised that the particular piece of road we were going to leave town on was REALLY dangerous! Oh joy...]

I came off my 2nd work shift at midnight Friday, and got into the RV for some sleep [yeah,...right...]. Woke up at 0400 when the rider shift changed and never got any more sleep; we arrived at Rams Head Roadhouse at 0834. I went into the pier [RV] with the rest of the rookies who wanted see the actually arrival and take Pics. Got plenty! What I didn't realize was that this was the pier right outside the Naval Academy! I'd been there, TDY, in 1962! Home #$%&* home!

After the arrival ceremony we all adjourned to the nearest SIT DOWN restaurant for REAL food! They seated us outside as a favor to the rest of their customers, but were all over us with service when they found out what we'd been up to, and what the girls had accomplished. Every time a waitress went by the table they'd high-5 the racers! Then it was off to the motel for SHOWERS!! Followed by some adult beverages of course, and our team dinner - BBQ & beer , best training table I've sat at in years! Did the RAAM banquet Sunday night, and then headed back to the WC Monday morning, again 24/7 driving. Arrived in Barstow at 1230 Wednesday! Damn, my head was still on eastern time! Team split for the multiple destinations, and I was back in southern NV, showered, beer in hand but barely cogent, at 1700 [local] Not sure if the EB leg was harder than the WB though...
BUT,.. a fun time was had by all.
YMMV
-dg