Bicycle Repair Man !!!

Bikes: See my sig...

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 129 Times in 96 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike Mills
LOL!

I used my NR RD on a bike camping tour. I had a 14-28T rear and 42/52T front. I worked perfectly well on the 28T rear but, honestly, that was it's absolute upper limit.

I have a Cyclone squirreled away in a box of parts. I believe the jockey wheels have radial cracks from age. It is very light in weight.
The Cyclone is lighter than most of the modern offerings from Campy and Shimano... despite not having ant carbon fibre or titanium parts.

I run a Mk2 road derailleur on my Ron Cooper and think it weighs 185 grams which puts it right in line with the new Record rear derailleur... the Superbe and Superbe Pro are actually a little heavier.

I run a Regina close ratio 7 speed on the Cooperand the Cyclone shifts like butter... I have some Simplex retrofriction shifters mated to a Mk1 Cyclone GT (one of my all time favourite derailleurs) on my Garlatti to handle a 14-30 block and the shifting is incredible.

Would have went with an NR on the Garlatti had I not decided on using a wide range Suntour 5 speed to go with the 49/52 half step up front.