Old 07-16-11, 07:21 AM
hhnngg1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Help me light up a BOB running stroller for maximum safety

I have an 11 month old infant and I'm finding that the only time that I can possibly get a workout in is immediately after work, by putting the baby in my trusty B.O.B. run-stroller and then going off with her on a run. (Yes, I do love cycling, but that has been relegated to weekends only.)

Right now, I have the luxury of summer sunny evenings, but soon it will be getting dark by the time I'll be on the run, and I'm preparing to get everything setup for maximum safety/visibility.

I'm pretty familiar with bikelights from this forum (I have a Magicshine, and Fenix LED torches, and PBSF & MARS lights for my bike). Was hoping some of you knowledgable folks could chime in on what you thought the best lighting setup would be for a BOB stroller.

I use this stroller in a suburban area with light-moderate 25-35mph car traffic, mostly due to postrush hour. I run anywhere from 7min-9min/mile with the stroller, mostly on sidewalks, but there are ample dedicated bike lanes here.

Thx

PS - The 'don't run with the kid at night' isn't a great solution for me - wife works out from 5-6:15AM, and my demanding job is 7AM-6PM on weekdays. Definitely no time for lunch hour breaks - it's nonstop work, no breaks, full concentration for 11 hours in a row. Hence no late night workouts either - need to be well rested to do that type of work.