cudak888 
www.theheadbadge.com

Bikes: http://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2422 Post(s)
Liked 4,395 Times in 2,092 Posts
Originally Posted by CV-6
One reason I put it late 70s is the scalloped seat stay cap and the block lettering for Guerciotti. I believe by ca 83, they were using a flatter cap and script.
A. Spoon stays with "GUERCIOTTI" lettering = 197? through 1983, SL and SLX frames only.
B. Flat cap stays "GUERCIOTTI" lettering = 197? through 1983, Falk-tube frames only (TSD lists these as the Guerciotti Gran Sport Road and Mod. Galli Criterium only).
C. Flat caps with "Paulo Guerciotti" signature = 1984+, all frames.

A.

B.

C.

The downtube lettering is unlike anything that I've seen before - I'm almost certain these transfers are not original.

The track frame shown in the pre-1984 Ten Speed Drive catalog does have a similar dropout treatment, and the BB height (eyeballed) doesn't suggest a converted road frame:

Full catalog here

My guess is that the OP's frame is one of the following:

A. An unknown frame built with leftover Guerciotti seatstay caps, or contraband caps from South America (lots of Guerciotti fakes come from there, but this doesn't look like one of them).

Or, more likely:

B. A genuine Guerciotti track frame with strange lugs (for no apparent reason), a repaint with incorrect transfers, and a derailer hanger carefully added onto the dropout.

-Kurt

Last edited by cudak888; 07-16-11 at 08:58 PM.