Old 07-17-11, 04:29 AM
willb1046

Bikes: Giant Boulder SE, Fuji 3.0 Newest

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dropped on a group ride.

My riding partner and I went out on a group ride from West Chester Pa. with the West Chester Cycling Club yesterday. The group we were riding with was supposed to be a C class ride. They were a small group, including us there were seven riders. It was very hilly terrain, which we are not used to, plus we were in an area we did not know (riding partner and I are rather adventurous). About 20 miles out of West Chester we were dropped, the group must have made a turn some where and did not wait for us.

The ride was FUBARed to begin with, the website had outdated information, and there was no cue sheets for the ride we went on (none was handed out to us).

I know "dropped" happens but this is the first time I was dropped by a riding club. The club we ride with mostly Team Evesham out of Marltin New Jersey never drops anyone.

Sorry for the long post - just wanted to rant!

The area was absolutely beautiful, country, farms along the rolling hills. Thankfully we meet up with some other riders from the area that gave us directions back to the car.
We did just over 35 miles (5 miles short of our projected ride).