View Single Post
Old 07-20-11, 11:09 AM
Huzzah81

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by agfa100
No the rims you have on the bike now will work fine with 700x35 or 37, all three of the tires I have used were a little tough to mount the first time but I pulled out my old Tire Stik and they went on fine. I would get them to true that rear wheel and reset the tension on the spokes. In the old days I always built up a set of really strong wheels on any bike I road even only being 175 back in another life. So I have a set of 36 hole blunt rims from velocity with White Industries hubs now, a bit of overkill but I don't worry about my wheels anymore.

wbill
Thanks again wbill... I flipped my bike over to spin/check the wheel & brakes and to do a little cleaning and looked a little closer at my spokes- one was actually broken at the hub but wedged between the other spokes & the dork disk so it looked good & in place. Brought it in to have the spoke replaced etc...
Today I got a call that they replaced the spoke and were trueing the wheel when another spoke broke near the hub so they're assuming it's a bad wheel, rough/sharp edge, or something else defective- so they ordered me a new, stronger build, double wall wheel for no charge. It's sad that I've got to wait another week to get my bike back now but I won't need to worry so much anymore.

Beyond that, I've got my eyes on a few skinnier tires that just might find their way to me in the near future- thanks for all the help.