dcrowell
Fat Guy Rolling

Bikes: Bacchetta Agio, 80s Raleigh Record single-speed, Surly Big Dummy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Left some skin on the road

Yep, I went down. It hurt. No pictures, you might be trying to eat.

I was riding my LHT, and turning left on a busy road. There was a brief moment with no oncoming traffic, so I started my left turn without slowing down.

The roads were wet from an earlier rain. I hit a pothole. It happened very quickly. One second I'm deciding to turn, the next I'm over the bars, on the road sliding.

I wasn't wearing gloves. I was wearing a helmet. I didn't need the helmet. Somehow my head never touched the pavement. If it would have, it would have been my face

Both of my hands are scraped up on the knuckles, as if I had my hands turned backwards. The palm of my left hand is bruised and had a small piece of road stuck in it (but the road got more of my skin).

My left elbow, right knee, and big toe on my right foot are also scraped up. I was wearing sandals.

The bike has some cosmetic scraping on the right brake lever. It's also going to need new bar tape soon.

I got off lucky. I hit the ground hard, but I don't have any bone or muscle aches. I didn't hit my head or face.

This isn't my first crash, but the others were much more minor. This one left me reeling for a while. It took me a while before I could continue riding. It was very painful at first and I was bleeding all over.

Oh well, chicks dig scars, right?