Old 07-21-11, 10:10 AM
Neil_B

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Independence - Historian Ohio Bicycle Adventure

After my first day riding 46 miles with Stoutdog, I'd kept my road riding in Ohio to a minimum. Part of it was that I didn't like the roads, part of it was that my host doesn't think bikes belong on roads, and part of it was that with all the trails nearby I didn't need road riding. But I wanted to do at least one trip from my hosts door and back, and so July 4 I set out on a short ride of ten miles and back to the Hartville Market, one of the largest farmers and flea markets in Ohio.

Since I didn't know what I'd find there, I brought the trailer too. This caused a problem when I didn't find any bike racks at the market building. So I decided my bike and trailer were my shopping cart, and I took them inside. Maneuvering was a little tight but I made it.

One of the vendors gave me an American flag, which I flew on the back of the trailer.

I picked up a few items, unfortunately most of them being food a fat cyclist should stay away from. One item I regretted not having the cash or room for was the Pepsi trike. This machine has a built in cooler!

In retrospect, I wish I had gone on to historic downtown Hartville, but my host had company coming and I wanted to be back to meet him. Oh well, I'll have to save it for my next bike adventure in Ohio....