View Single Post
Old 07-21-11, 11:29 AM
Helgrind

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Off-Track Training advice

I live in FL and my nearest Velodrome is in Ft. Lauderdale. Im kinda in this on my own because I've visited some bike shops and they're so discouraging about it. All they tell me is "No Velodrome, no track training." I want to challenge that.

My neighborhood is shaped in a good semi- circle that's a hair more than a mile around. There's one section that's a good straightaway. What I do is a two mile warm up and then sprint the straight away. Right after the straight away lower to a comfy speed to recover for the rest of the mile. When I come back to the straight away, sprint again. I do about 5-6 of these sprints.

Now my question is, recently, I've only been able to do about 4 of the sprints because after that one my stomach is so destroyed that I can't go one without the feeling of throwing up. I can't afford to throw up because I want to keep the nutrients down. This morning I woke early and I made me a fairly big breakfast with eggs, toast and cereal. Waited about 3 hours and began sprinting.

How long should I wait after a meal to being sprinting so that I don't have this problem? I really aggravates me because after 4 sprints, I feel my legs still have much more to give but I have to stop because my digestive system is being dumb.