Old 07-23-11, 11:12 AM
hawkkenz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Former bicycle guy, now overwieght and ready to make a change. Need bike advice!

Hello, My name is Tim and I am a fat guy.

I was into bicycling in the mid to late 80's, rode some centuries, had a couple nice bikes etc. etc.

Well here I am now at 44 overwieght and ready for a change. I have lost wieght before and gained it back, so I know I can lose it, but I want to add exercise to my wieght loss, I have tried walking, but it is so darn boring, I want to get back in to cycling.

I have been away for a long time and need a little advice on a bike....I am about to drop the hammer on this:

http://www.performancebike.com/bikes...e#ReviewHeader

My intention is to start out riding around the neighborhood for a while and as soon as I can start using the bike for commuting, running to the store, anywhere I can go on a bike basically.

My questions are these 1. Will this bike work for a 360 pounder? 2. I am 5 foot 8" tall I am leaning toward the 19" frame, would this be the right size for me?

Thanks for any advice, and I must say that seeing what others here have accomplished is inspiring, I plan on spending plenty of time on these forums to gain knowledge and advice from you all.