xray1978
Degenerate Grouch

Bikes: Kona Hahanna, Schwinn Speedster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JusticeZero
Gotta add this one, since it's really effective.

Get smaller plates.
This really works!!!! I agree 100%. Also, the advice about upping your water intake is good advice too.

I found keeping a food journal and getting a food scale helped a lot. I always knew how much I had eaten and how many calories I had consumed and could make good food choices given the number of calories I had allocated for myself.

For instance, if I allowed my self 1850 calories per day and I had already consumed 1600 calories I would forgo the cookie and have a piece of fruit or veggies instead. The food journal is a PITA, but it worked for me. There are tons of sites online that will tell you how many calories each food has per ounce. Use them they are your friend. It will also teach you to eat healthier because in order to not be hungry you will have to eat less calorically dense foods (fruits and vegetables) to not be hungry by 7:00 pm.

What I mean by this is one time I ate a steak with my dad at 5:00 pm and had consumed as many calories as I was allowed that day, but I was hungry again by 7:00 pm. If I had not eaten the steak and had something healthier I would have had room in my calorie allowance to eat something and thus not be hungry.

To learn how many calories you need per day I found this site worked well for me. http://www.scoobysworkshop.com/caloriecalculator.htm