View Single Post
Old 06-26-05, 06:19 AM
Barbara2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Patellapedler
Wow that is great for you. I am a newbie also and I am loving it. My biggest issue is not learning how to ride again although that is an issue, but maintanence and repairs for me. Luckily my husband is extremly knowelegable in bikes so he is a great asset to me, though I wish he would get out there with me too. For me I need to know how the bike works so I CAN ride it, if that makes sense at all. Also to scope out how and with what I want to upgrade too also.Though I am relearning street smarts and learning how to ride with traffic and stay close to the side & so on I am having lots of fun too. So glad you are enjoying the new experience also. From which part of NY are you from? I grew up on L.I. and just recently moved to SW Va with my husband and children. We love it here and it is a fabulous place for riding due to lots of scenic areas. We are going back to L.I. next week for the holiday and are looking forward to seeing all our family and friends, of course I will be taking my new friend along on the tailgate. Looking forward to it much. Enjoy your holiday.
I live on Long Island! If you see a middle-aged woman on a clunky blue comfort bike riding the Bethpage Trail, that's me :-) I haven't a clue how my bicycle works, but I'm having fun. I stay out of traffic and mostly ride the trail, sometimes a park. Weekends my husband rides with me. Unfortunately neither of us knows anything about bicycle repair. My chain got bent and I'm at the mercy of the bike shop to replace it.

Barbara2