Old 07-26-11, 03:41 AM
RandoneeRider
Retired C.O.

Bikes: REI 2009 Novara Randonee

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I could (try to) balance myself on the bike with my camera on a tri-pod.... but 2:20 in the morning may not be a suitable hour to do that. If a picture can suggest that my bike might be too small, I may have to try that and see what y'all think.
(Can't sleep; 16 hours ago I walked into a spider web where I saw a black widow a couple days before. A 4" area of my arm is filled with ITCHING little bumps/irratation that's driving me crazy!?!)

"KOPS", what's that?
While sitting on my B17 saddle, dangling a plumb line from the tip of my kneecap, pedal at 3:00, and the ball of my foot on the axis of the pedal..... the line falls about an inch in front of my foot. Seat post is high enough that I can place the heels of my feet (no shoes) on the pedals, legs fully extended.

I can do the same with my Specialized saddle in place, but it WILL set back far enough for the plumb line to fall in alignment with the ball of my foot & axis of pedal. In addition, with my hands on the hoods, the axle of my front wheel is blocked from my view by the handlebars & stem.

Setback seatposts are available? I would guestimate that my current setback may be little more than an inch.....