Old 07-28-11, 01:56 PM
vie303

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Newbie: Just bought the GT type CX this Saturday (07.23.2011)

Originally Posted by misslady77
Hi,

I am a newbie to the forum. I just purchased the GT GTR CX two days ago. Since then, I have been back to the shop twice to have problems with the shifter fixed. I admit I am new to the cyclocross type bikes, but the shifting of gears is very slow on the CX and unstable compared to my previous hybrid. I'm not sure I will keep it; its in the shop now until tomorrow. I bought it from Performance. I will consider the X-330, if things don't work out with this one. Overall, it has a great feel and I even had the chance to take in on a trail.

I was in the market for a cyclocross and figure it's the type of bike that would suit my needs. The choice was between the Scattante X-330 and GT type CX. I road both and both road nicely. Ultimately the chose the GT because it fit me better and I was told it had better components (Tiagra vs Sora). I road the bike home the first day. However, half way home, the left shifter for the front gear did not shift and I had to bring it back for an adjustment. My second ride was yesterday, the same thing happened around the first mile of my ride ; I was stuck in the lower gear since the front derailleur refused to shift. I called Performance bike today and will be bringing the bike in. I'll either decide to return the GT and get the Scattante or keep the GT pending to outcome of Performance Bike's assessment.

BTW, you didn't by and return YOUR bike in Colorado did you?
I got mine in Greenwood Village, CO (Arapahoe and Yosemite).