Old 07-29-11, 09:43 AM
Racer Ex 
Resident Alien

Mentioned: 158 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 349 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Psimet2001
but I have told them the benefit I get from it is the perception of "validity" from the M1/2/3 crowd. P 1/2's don't buy anything and honestly don't care what they are riding. That's like the worst group for me to ever spend a dime on for sponsorship.
The other part of that equation is that a lot of P1/2 guys think they deserve free stuff, but have no idea on how to promote the product, or even that they should. Some guys get it (our JRennie for example) but I've heard guy just trash sponsors stuff out loud, then show up on the podium with some "dude" hat and not even mention their primary sponsor when they get interviewed.

They show up on dirty bikes, a competitor's wheels, Etc. Little or no professionalism.

I will say I get/got a lot of other masters asking me about equipment I use, and I know I've helped sell product for them. The Master's demographic has (or had depending on if they used their house as an ATM) the disposable income to buy higher end stuff. But I think sponsoring the lower cat elite team is a good go.