Psimet2001 
I eat carbide.

Bikes: Lots. Van Dessel and Squid Dealer

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1324 Post(s)
Liked 1,304 Times in 559 Posts
Originally Posted by Racer Ex
The other part of that equation is that a lot of P1/2 guys think they deserve free stuff, but have no idea on how to promote the product, or even that they should. Some guys get it (our JRennie for example) but I've heard guy just trash sponsors stuff out loud, then show up on the podium with some "dude" hat and not even mention their primary sponsor when they get interviewed.

They show up on dirty bikes, a competitor's wheels, Etc. Little or no professionalism.

I will say I get/got a lot of other masters asking me about equipment I use, and I know I've helped sell product for them. The Master's demographic has (or had depending on if they used their house as an ATM) the disposable income to buy higher end stuff. But I think sponsoring the lower cat elite team is a good go.
Yup. I find that is actually the problem with the M1/2/3 crowd - they have the money so they buy the big names. No sense in wasting time on some little guy from the internet. If they do it's because they want to use them for their training wheels and thought they would get something cheap and local. Doesn't bother me, but it's a different market and a different way to market to them.