View Single Post
Old 07-30-11, 11:30 PM
lewd reed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mrrabbit
Nah...I'm fine today. It's just that it amazes me that people can't be happy with their perfectly good hubs as-is. And the DT hubs are very good hubs...no question about that.

Just overhaul...put new bearings in, etc., and ride 'em...and get more reliable miles out of 'em as the OP already has.

I mean, I COULD...keyword is COULD...toss the steel forks on my Sintesi and replace 'em with carbon, junk the Daytona 10 speed gruppo and replace with the latest Campy skeletal carbon stuff...go with hollow carbon QRs, swap in ceramic bearings everywhere, ditto for a saddle that feels like balsa wood, and bars that feel like a "bong" on the moon...

...but then...there's a lot more you can achieve with the money than just, "because I can."

...and I'd still be quiet happy with my Sintesi as-is.

To the OP...got a girlfriend or wife?

=8-)
Kinda happy with the sound of your own voice there, aren't you mate? You should learn to listen a little more, and think before you mouth off.

It "amazes" me, how people who know not much about anything have a tendency to mouth off about nothing - usually from a soapbox labeled "ME-ME-ME".