Bikes: rosemary (bstone); fat chance; serotta

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rusholme
harlot,
what kind of riding do you usually do?

i'm asking because i figure cycling must be like running. you have your long-distance runners, your sprinters, etc etc. so is cycling on a track like being a sprinter? or can i cruise around however i feel like?
i just want to know what its like. thanks.
I had those questions in mind on Saturday as well. I don't have a fast twitch muscle in my body, I've always gravitated towards endurance and long distance. But after talking to people on Sat, they have a variety of track races, from the 500 meter to "unknown distance", so it seems that you can find something to challenge you. I'll never be a sprinter, but in the longer races I may do better, esp if I add sprints to my training and get off my ass. I'm just in it to have fun and become a better, faster rider. Some of the other peeps here may have better information for what kind of track races non-sprinters can focus on. If you go to the velo to just cruise around, you can go for hours and hours or just do interval work. If anything it's a great way to add variety to your riding repertoire!