Old 08-02-11, 05:55 PM
PrinceofParamus
Stand-up guy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by colleen c
I own a BR IV and a Magicahine 808E XML from Bikempowerment. The difference between the Bikempowerment magicshine and Geoman MS XML is that the Geoman MS XML has a better tint and different mode. Both the BR IV and MS XML has it's good and bad.

MS XML

Pro:
Good throw.
Relative low price for a thrower.
Slightly less power draw than the BR IV.
Lighter if use as an helmet light.

Con

Lack of close range flood.
Tint is more toward a warm tint and not CW.
More noticeable hot spot at mid range.

BR IV

Pro
Tint is as white as it will get.
Flood at close range very good, good enough to see you are about to get door.
Flood at mid range is also good.
Sufficient throw for most use but not as good as MS XML

Con
The green indicator is super huge.
It takes more power.
There might be some issue with water resistant. (see the BR IV review at MTBr forum for more info)
Kinda pricey

It is a hard choice. If I had to only select one, it will be the BR IV. The higher price does leave you an second option. You can get a Geoman MS XML with a 6.0 battery and for slightly more cost than a BR IV, you can add on a MS900 lighthead only at $44 more plus a Y cable. This will give you two lighthead and one battery. The MS900 will give plenty of flood while the MS XML will cover the throw. Total cost is slightly more than a BR IV.

Only thing I am not totally sure of is if the 6.0 battery can handle the total current. I think it will. I do have a 6.0 Geoman battery and can test it for you if you are I interested or better yet, email Geoman before buying this combo from them for their assurance.

One final note. Somewhere here in the Electronic Forum, I have an outdoor beamshot comparison including the BR IV and MS XML. A search should locate it.
Thanks Colleen,
I did read your review and saw your pictures. Thats what got me thinking.