Old 08-06-11, 01:45 PM
HoustonB
Βanned.

Bikes: 1976 Dawes Galaxy, 1993 Trek 950 Single Track and Made-to-Measure Reynolds 753 road bike with Campag throughout.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gcottay
There was a witness to this event. Mr. Beacock's adult son was riding several yards behind his father at the time.
Originally Posted by electrik
Sgt is wrong, how on earth he determined this?
My money is on...
1) Too close pass and
2) The pup trailer swung out (they swing all over the road).
Originally Posted by gcottay
Read the story. Failing that read posts. The guy's son was right there.
Are you saying that because "the guy's son was right there" that means the truck was not passing too close, the [fast moving and close] trailer did not suck him under, or what?

I've now read several reports on this incident and none contain any statement by the son. It would not surprise me if the son was not actually looking directly at his father as the truck trailer passed, peripheral vision maybe, but why speculate abut something that cannot be inferred?

I've read the posts above and "truck suck" [as a consequence of passing too close] appears to be the majority view - what is yours? Simply stating "the son was present" adds nothing that was not already known to all.