Old 08-06-11, 03:59 PM
monza66mo

Bikes: Trek Navigator 3.0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New Scott SUB 45

Last year I decided to start riding for recreation and fitness so I bought a Trek Navigator 3.0 thinking my 49 year old body needed the suspension and comfort. This summer, I've been riding more and more on pavement and after talking with the LBS, I decided to get an entry level comuter with thiner tires, no suspension but disc brakes. I got the Scott SUB 45. I like it a lot but my now 50 year old body really needs some comfort. After the first ride on the SUB 45 (7 miles), I replaced the seat with a Bontrager Nebula Plus. Second ride was a bit better (10 miles) but I realized the need for Ergon GC2-L grips. Third ride this morning was a little better (11.2 miles) but my butt and back miss the suspension seat post. I'm keeping the Navigator for gravel roads and mild trails but I want to be able to do more time and distance riding the SUB solely on pavement. (I know someone is going to suggest I buy another bike but I don't want three bikes in my life)

I think a suspension seatpost may be the comfort I need for my back. Any suggestions for 31.6mm seatposts for an old dude who just wants to stay on the sadle longer and farther?