View Single Post
Old 08-07-11, 03:14 PM
work4bike

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3773 Post(s)
Liked 1,044 Times in 790 Posts
Originally Posted by Cyclomania
One that I find most troubling is when a line of cars are heaped together waiting for a traffic to move. Let's say you're in the bike lane traveling at a reasonable speed. A car to your left ahead of you will pause (Car A) to allow for a car to cross the roadway (Car B) and enter a driveway, or allow for a car to exit a driveway (Car C) while allowing an oncoming car to make a left in front of them. My caution alert, dead zone button flies to alert when these proceedings happen. Just one of those times when I'm on my brake pads cautiously looking at the kindly gesture unfolding. Hey, you didn't ask for my permission to cross the roadway, I aver while applying brakes!
In that scenario I simply get into the lane, even when I'm in a bikelane.

I got many scary scenarios, but one of them is when I'm approaching a line of stopped, or very slowly moving cars and I can see in my mirror a vehicle coming from behind at a very high rate of speed only to apply the brakes at the last second; even been near them when they've laid down some rubber. I can see the day when one slams into the last car in the line and rebounds into me.