View Single Post
Old 08-10-11, 10:30 AM
Seattle Forrest

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18883 Post(s)
Liked 10,645 Times in 6,054 Posts
I like my A-520 pedals, but I don't think they're what you want. Also, I probably over-paid for them. They were around $70 and a pair of shoes was $100. Later, on Craigslist, I got pedals and a spare pair of shoes (useful to have more in the rainy season) for $60 or so.

That said, it sounds like you would be ok with just about any recessed cleat system if you had adapters for it. You could get something with platforms built in, like one of these:

... but, if you find a deal on a double-sided set, you can get something like this and turn them into something like the above:

Once I got used to riding clipless, I really don't want to ride in normal shoes anymore. But, the gym is about a mile away, too close to drive, and bike shoes (with cleats) don't really make sense there, but neither does carrying a pair to change into ... especially when I'm going to use the pool. I'll probably be getting an adapter, like the last image, above. My girlfriend has them on her bike, and says they work fine.