larryfeltonj

Bikes: Raleigh Supercourse, Peugeot Iseran, Raleigh Twenty

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Booger1
Is there an app for sorting apps yet?
For someone like me who is enthusiastically taking on a facebook app project, I find facebook's interface to be atrocious. The lack of documentation for end users, the buginess in random parts of the interface (the "hit the space bar a few times before posting a link in a comment in a group" workaround is particularly hilarious), and either the lack of ability for an end user to arrange screen elements, or the dearth of good documentation on how to do it all annoy me. Plus I just don't trust Facebook to not violate users' privacy.

And worst of all, every six months like clockwork they introduce some new attempt to undermine the privacy of users. It's the corporate philosophy, and they state it explicitly and often.

That being said, they are the clear winners in the social media world. In that respect they're like the freakin' phone company. They've pulled in millions of people, many of whom found email challenging, and have built an amazingly rich and complex network (I'm 60 years old, and I re-established, via Facebook, contact with a 65 year old cousin who my whole family had assumed dead for forty years).