cyclezen
OM boy

Bikes: a bunch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 517 Post(s)
Liked 645 Times in 438 Posts
Originally Posted by ifjeepmadeabike
... So heres the deal, I'm 6'5" and 170 lbs....
Then I had the bright idea of dropping caffeine, which means soda and then my junk food didn't taste as good. so I inadvertently stopped eating all the bad stuff and picked up fruits for snacks instead. I drink nothing but water and milk and I consume 3500 calories a day, just inside my home. I threw biking into the mix and now I'm losing weight while consuming 3800-4500 calories a day. I'm down to 170 lbs from 205 a year ago. I actually need to be around 195 but i can't gain it no matter what I'm trying. I'm eating Cliff bars with an already large breakfast for the extra protein. My ldl and HDL are perfect,

>>>>I'm in the best shape health wise I've ever been.<<<<
If I got in a time machine, I could kick my 20 year old versions ass. my thyroid is fine, I've had multiple check ups. I also have a giant... giant family history of being skinny. 13 brothers and sisters, my father, all 3 of my kids and 12 nieces and nephews are all plagued by a high metabolism.

BUT, I'm 20 lbs too light. I look almost sickly skinny from my face sinking in. What can I do to gain that 20 lbs? 4500 calories is a lot of eating, it's almost impossible to eat like that. Frankly, I'm sick of eating. It wasn't this hard at 20 to gain the weight, now it's seeming impossible without all the soda and junk food. so, I need ideas, tips, techniques and so on. any ideas?
You're good dude!
whatz the problem?

how old are you?
take a look around. the world of the 65+ is dominated by 2 groups, overweight unhealthy, can barely move - and the skinny, fit, out doin stuff people who will eventually greatly outlive the other group, and have a better life along the way.
muscle is important, it provides the shock absorption many older people just don't have
so a good strength building program is great - especially as we age.
it's hard to build extremities muscle (without 'juice') beyond a certain point, but torso/core muscle can always use some more work, for most of us.
start a core/back/shoulder strengthening program, 5 to 10 lbs, a year down the road, is doable; and you'll feel stronger as well.
your better diet is way important in the mix - keep it up - tune it - good thing for you is that you just can;t get too much of the good stuff. wish I had that problem...
weight? a number
kickin 30 something ass - priceless !