View Single Post
Old 08-12-11, 10:46 AM
Recumbentracer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rfomenko
With all due respect man, where would one use you lights? Airport on the landing strip? Nascar? Autobahn? I wrote somewhere lately that no one is paranoid enough put a red filter on Lupine Betty & use it as a tail light. I was wrong
Exactly. Just FYI, the light is being driven by the very capable MaxFlex controller and has 5 selectable power levels. It's SUPER efficient at the low power levels. Same intensity as the magicshine taillight, with twice the surface area and 1/3 the power consumption. Efficiency obviously falls off as you go up in power, but still, you can get over 6 hours flashing at full power off of the small battery pack (2800 mAH).

Just for record:
level 1 = 69 lumens at 1 watt (magicshine equivalent at one third the power)
level 2 = 149 lumens at 2.35 watts (slightly more than the Dinotte 140, with twice the surface area)
level 3 = 235 lumens at 3.92 watts (Dinotte 400R equivalent)
level 4 = 324 lumens at 5.87 watts
level 5 = 497 lumens at 10.28 watts (Surface of the sun )

These lights certainly aren't for everyone, but if you ever saw one on a bike riding in full sunlight from a half mile away, I think you'd wholeheartedly agree that this level of maximum brightness is totally appropriate. Just wish I could figure out a way to make them less expensive...

Last edited by Recumbentracer; 08-12-11 at 10:50 AM.