Old 08-12-11, 01:22 PM
K'Tesh
Commander, UFO Bike

Bikes: Giant, Trek

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
The other day I was talking to a woman who was struck while riding her bike by another cyclist on the Tigard side of the Fanno Creek Trail, just south of the Scholls Ferry Rd. underpass. Her crash resulted in a broken arm. Less than a week later, I nearly collided with another cyclist.

I was riding south on the FCT when I passed a pedestrian on the Tigard side of the underpass. Just then I found myself heading straight for another oncoming cyclist. We managed to avoid colliding.

I realized that the vegitation on the curve was preventing line of sight for trail users. I called it into Tigard's Parks Dept. and they rapidly responded by pruning the area.

In THPRD's segment, there is a curve (near the area where they have the concerts in park) that had a hole that's bothered me for some time. It was formed by a park vehicle's tire going off the trail during wet weather and was several inches lower than the trail segment. I've worried about a bike cutting that corner some night and crashing because of it.

Last week, I found myself riding SB on the trail, and encountered a ped who was NB. She saw me, and stepped aside, but I slowed to allow a bike that was behind her to pass before I did. She was startled by the other cyclist's "On your left", and stepped off the trail, rolling her ankle in the hole. I called it in, and the next day showed it to Park's staff.

This week, I found the hole had been filled.

Thanks Tigard/THPRD!
K'Tesh

Last edited by K'Tesh; 08-12-11 at 01:50 PM.