Old 06-29-05, 07:36 AM
Don Gwinn
Giant-Riding Ogre

Bikes: 2005 Giant OCR2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That's not your fault. We call that "The Gwinn Luck." I did at least drag myself out of bed this morning at 5:30 and take a ride out east of Virden. I tried to time it right to get back a bit before 7:00, but I got nervous that I was going to be late (thinking I'd have to slow down on the way back) and ended up coming around 6:30 or so. It was still a lot of fun. The temperature difference between evening, even when it's dark, and the early morning is amazing.

I don't think I'm going to get a bike this summer after all, but I am going to get a helmet and some padded shorts. I think I'm going to shorten the chain and make the Huffy into a single speed, then add slicker tires. I only have another two weeks or so before I have surgery to correct a hernia, and by the time I can go ride a bike again, it will be almost fall. If I ride at all during the cold months, the Huffy will probably be no worse than anything else. I'll save up and get something better than I can afford right now. I just feel like I don't know enough to make an informed decision by walking into a few shops and picking out a bike right now.

I feel good about getting up and getting going. Now I have to do it again tomorrow!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter