View Single Post
Old 08-16-11, 08:28 PM
vik 
cyclopath

Bikes: Surly Krampus, Surly Straggler, Pivot Mach 6, Bike Friday Tikit, Bike Friday Tandem, Santa Cruz Nomad

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by longlong14
if a bike cannot fit you, it's practically useless. brompton does not fit taller riders, which is a shame, unless maybe littlepixel™ QR is used.
in my case, both bikes fit similarly. tikit is faster for sprints, brompton is more comfy over longer distances especially @ 50km+, i suspect it's because of the suspension block. average speed is about the same on both bikes.
and vik, how much more improved are the newer tikits? i only know that they have redesigned the handle for wheeling the bike folded, did they add/improve anything else?
My Tikit is ~4yrs old. I had a 2010 Tikit for a season and it was noticeably stiffer. Bike Friday makes regular upgrades/design changes, but they aren't confined to a specific model year so they are little hard to pin down. I could have kept the 2010 Tikit and got rid of my older one, but even though there were improvements made to the newer bike I didn't feel they made the bike radically better and I was attached to the old one for sentimental reasons.

What tires do you run on your Tikit? I fined Greenspeed Scorchers run at a moderate pressure provide a fast and comfy ride.