View Single Post
Old 08-17-11, 11:07 AM
Doohickie
You gonna eat that?

Bikes: 1966 Raleigh DL-1 Tourist, 1973 Schwinn Varsity, 1983 Raleigh Marathon, 1994 Nishiki Sport XRS

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked 67 Times in 44 Posts
Regardless of whether it's a good idea or not, Seattle, bluefoxicy needs to learn more about why the infrastructure is the way it is, then do enough due diligence to determine whether the ideas he has have merit over the current method, then produce enough evidence to present to the city council to demonstrate why his way is better, then convince them to reopen and revise the bike plan, and identify funding sources to implement the changes.

He may figure out while doing that due diligence, however, that this is not a battle worth spending his resources on. Instead of just writing him off, it would be better to point him toward how learn how the system works, how to change things that should be changed, and how to determine what should even be changed. I don't think it's necessarily beneficial to waste his energy and drive, but he does need to understand more about bicycle infrastructure and how the system works before he can effect positive change.

Originally Posted by bragi "However, it's never a good idea to overgeneralize."